“Hey! I’m Alessio Pieroni, Head of Marketing of Mindvalley. But more than that I’m a proud AIESEC Alumnus. I just got a bit older (read: experienced) few weeks ago and I decided to celebrate by sharing the 30 lessons I learnt in my 30 years. Tons of them were from my AIESEC time. Hope you will enjoy them”
1. Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Think as if you were to live forever
2. To fall in love with someone, you have first to learn to love yourself
3. You can’t fail. You either succeed or you learn
4. If something is free, you are the product
5. Follow your heart and intuition. They already know what you truly want to become
6. Nothing is better than some great time spent with the people you care the most about
7. Except my grandma’s Lasagne. Nothing is actually better than my grandma’s Lasagne
8. Some of the best decision I have taken in my life were super random. Always give some space to randomness
9. You can be good alone. But if you have a team working with you, you can truly be unstoppable
10. Learn to listen. It makes a huge difference
11. Push yourself to learn how to be a more emotional intelligent person. It will pay back in ways you never imagined
12. Put yourself in very challenging situations. Go to live in India. Run a marathon. Go for that diet. You’ll grow as you have never done in your life.
13. Friendship is like growing a flower. You need keep watering it if you want to grow it
14. Life is too short not to be Italian
15. Consistency is the key of growth. Keep doing small (and right) actions over a long period of time and you will see results
16. Travel in an Indian train at least once in your life. If you are hardcore, just go for a 20 day trip by train. It will change you
17. Always be grateful. For the good things, but also for the bad ones. You’ll never be who you are without them
18. Read as much as you can. It will be the best companion of your life
19. Just believe in yourself. If you are not going to do it, no one else is going to do it for you
20. You can be a bad student and still be very successful in life. Don’t let that stop you
21. Family is the greatest gift we got. Always respect and honour your family
22. If you are far from your family, creates other family-like environments wherever you are
23. Trust is the foundation of love. Always build trust first
24. Be clear on your values and never compromise on them. Actually, never be scared to fight for them
25. Allow yourself to make mistakes, but don’t be trapped by them. Change career. Change country. Life is too short to be unhappy.
26. Surround yourself with people that make you a better person
27. Hire people that are hungry, humble and smart. Never compromise on the first two
28. Don’t choose a job. Choose a mission.
29. Life is not what you do. It’s much more what happen to you and how you react to it. You are not in control of what happen, but you can always choose how to respond.
30. Above all, never forget to smile. There is always a reason to smile.